… and Pret’s deleted Tweet on a new bogus reason for hidden “air” behind the cardboard packaging.
UPDATE 26. Feb. 2019: Class-action lawsuit in New York against Pret settled.
I have listed a few customer complaints on Pret’s misleading, and what some call “deceptive” packaging in “Class Action vs. Pret For Deceptive Packaging” and the different versions from Pret why this happens. But the list below is just the tip of the iceberg. Not all customers flock to Twitter with photos, and I worked in Pret knowing how common this issue is.
One of the last and most ridiculous reasons Pret gave has been deleted after Pret read that blog entry.
In this blog entry I just want to give a visual throughout the years, briefly touching on the lawsuit and again the deleted Tweet at the end. These complaints are only the ones customers care to show on Twitter.
A list on mostly cold Salad Wraps and a few Hot Wraps. Plus Pret’s mostly repetitive responses with some change of versions later:
21. June 2014 (No response from Pret)
12. Oct. 2016 USA
05. May 2017 Little Ingredient (lots of complaints on Twitter on this)
17. May 2017 Pret A Ripp-Off
07. Aug. 2017 Another really bad one, that’s more a Thai “Shrink” Wrap!
21. Aug. 2017 USA
10. Oct. 2017 TWO for the price of ONE!!
Misleading Packaging AND hardly any ingredients!
17. Jan 2018 (no response from Pret)
20. Apr. 2018 It took Pret 3 days to respond!
22. May 2018 Pret admits the wrap is a “little stingy”
06. Oct. 2018 (no response from Pret)
10. Oct. 2018 USA
16. Oct. 2018 Hot Wrap
Here is where the “… it looks like it has been wrapped too tightly” version starts:
29. Oct. 2018 USA
06. Nov. 2018 Hot Wrap
12. Nov. 2018 Little Duck more Spinach, badly wrapped … ongoing Tweets
13. Nov. 2018 Hot Wrap
17. November 2018 This is the worst so far! And no response from Pret!
12. Jan. 2018 Little Duck, lots of Greens
New reason for “air” wrap which was later deleted!
Original Tweet BEFORE Pret deleted it:
But NOW it leads to this deleted page
The whole feed again before Pret deleted their Tweet:
Natalie Raybold’s Tweet here has no Tweet above anymore, as it is deleted.
And here a VISUAL of public complaints dating back to 2011
Not everyone goes public, these are only those that customers bother reporting.
I stopped going further back.
14. Jan. 2019 Flatbread living up to its name: FLAT
25.01.2019 No Hoison in expensive Hoison Duck Wrap
25.01.2019 Bang Bang Chicken Flop
25.01.2019 Spicy Chicken Flop
12.02.2019 Bigger in Japan!
As the case is settled now, the “wrapped too tightly” version started again…
23.02.2019 Pret A Gap Wrap
26.02.2019 Pret A Light Wrap
Mind the BIGGEST Gap!
Another huge gap 1st May 2019
06.05.2019 … and another one…
And with the one from 06.05 someone cared enough to confront Pret:
Since having settled the lawsuit, Pret’s having a laugh with a customer who helps them; the wrap looks like having been a little stretched out here:
One solution would be for staff to just “spread” the wrap to fill the package!
12. June 2019 This looks like after a team brief about all the complaints on Twitter, so staff spread it out as much as possible! 😀
Using an example from the animal kingdom. THIS is what Pret packaging does to people:
>>> A dog’s life
Unless otherwise stated or linked to, this website and all writings within this site are the property of expret.org, poetrasblok.com, LateNightGirl.org and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Reproduction and distribution of my writings without written permission are prohibited.
©2017 – Present expret.org, poetrasblok.com, LateNightGirl.org unless otherwise stated. All Rights reserved.